Effective: May 12, 2016
VAULT29 ("VAULT29," "we," "us" or "our") provides a fast, simple and fun way for you to share media through our content-sharing platform. Just snap or upload a photo, add customize emojis, location, and a comment and share!
- Our Policy applies to all guests, visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- For a consumer account: Your name, username, email address, password, and date of birth when you register (“Join”) for a VAULT29 account. Location and profile picture are optional.
- For a business (Winery, Restaurant, Bar, or Other) account: Your business name, username, address, state, zip code, website, email address, telephone, and password when you “Join” for a VAULT29 account. Profile picture is optional.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, username, photo) allows us to help you or others be "Searched" on VAULT29.
- Your name, email-id, and the unique identifier provided by Facebook when logging in to the Service via Facebook.
- Permission is granted from User for a “list of pages” via Facebook and never stored
- Permission is granted from User allowing the Service to post on User’s behalf which is confined to the app and controlled by the User.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and VAULT29. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note: you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Finding your friends and businesses you like on VAULT29:
- If you choose to use our “Search” feature to locate people or businesses with a VAULT29 account, simply type a @username within the search bar and we will perform a search on our Service.
- If you choose to use the “Block” feature to restrict people or businesses with a VAULT29 account from accessing your profile, simply tap the Block button within that Users profile and we perform the action on our Service.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device when using our Service, which assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by VAULT29.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and recommendations. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For instance, Metadata can describe how, when, where and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to make keywords searchable when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a posted photo), likes, comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. When you geotag your photo, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the VAULT29 application on your device
- VAULT29 or other Users may run contests, special offers, events or other activities (“Event”) on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag) associated with that Event.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent nor sell your information to third parties outside VAULT29 (or the group of companies of which VAULT29 is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, and location data) with businesses that are part of the same group of companies that VAULT29 is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted recommendations that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by an applicable privacy setting that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please use the “Block” feature in your profile.
- Subject to your profile and privacy setting, any User Content that you make is searchable by other Users via our VAULT29 Search API.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, we will ensure all dependent (i.e Favorites) items will also be deleted from our database.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
- If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of VAULT29 or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation), your information such as name and email address, User Content and any other information collected through the Service may be among the items sold or transferred. You will continue to own your User Content.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which VAULT29, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- VAULT29, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, VAULT29 cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to VAULT29 or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and VAULT29, at all times. Your privacy setting may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to VAULT29 make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, VAULT29, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
7. HOW TO CONTACT US